Terra Toys by Battat

So, I was browsing at Target, and I noticed this 70% off sale on "Terra Toys by Battat". Now, I never heard of this company, but decided to check it out anyway! Especially with that kind of discount!

Their scale is kind of like Schleich's (at least the horses are, I'm not sure about the rest). So, I ended buying a Knapstrapper horse and an Angus Bull.

 TERRA TOYS BY BATTAT
Knapstrapper Mare
 I saw this girl right away... I mean, with all of those spots, who wouldn't?
Her back legs will need to be straightened out, so they are actually touching the ground. The hooves look a little bit weird... But considering this is a new (?) company, they are doing a pretty good job so far.

Over all, she's really cute.
If I wasn't a Schleich collector (or if I didn't know my brands well), I'd think this would be a Schleich. It feels like a Schleich.


Target had other horses from this brand, but this was the only one that actually was proportionate. 
As a model horse collector, those things start to matter. 


Here's the comparison between the Tetta Toys by Battat and Schleich (the paint stallion at the back).
The Terra horse is a bit shorter than the Schleich but they are very close in size,
That honestly was a good deal... I mean I only spent $1.79 on this beaut! 


Now this guy, I am very happy with... I wasn't really a bull collector until now... I must say these guys will make a good background prop for a country-farm theme. He was also $1.79.


Another comparison, but this time between the bull and the schleich, this bull is pretty big!

I only bought these two to see if I like them or not... I did end up liking them... I think I might go back (if they are still there) and maybe buy another Angus bull and a Long-horn bull...

Possibly, a moose, a doe, a lioness (it could count as a cougar right? I'm trying to stick to the North American animals theme here for my dioramas). 

Also, like Schleich, they have their information stamped underneath each toys' bellies. It says that they are a Canadian brand (GO CANADA GO!), and that made me proud :)

That's all for this post,
Now tell me... Have you, all, heard of this brand before?

That's all for this post, 
Thanks for reading!
~Marina




1 comment:

Live Show Report: Luck O'The Irish Live

Today's post brings us back to March 18th, 2018 in Acton, Ontario, Canada. This was a very last minute show for me as I signed up aroun...