Making an Arabian Native Tack Set

Stablemate sized tack is always hard, an Arabian native set seemed impossible... But since I got my Arabian resin, in November 2016, it inspired me to make a set specifically for her. 

Sculpted by Deborah McDermott and painted by Amanda Dionne
 The lady that I bought her from (2nd hand or maybe even 3rd) sent her out all the way from Australia! I love Australia and it was a coincidence that my very first Artist Resin turned out to fly in from there :)

I started with making the halter part first, this seemed simple enough, but the chain was a pain to find that didn't look big on her face!

Next I started on the neck piece and attached 2 little tiny braids, I decided that this set is going to be lavender, purple and berry pink. 
Next came measuring the saddle part and of course making the saddle tree...


Peach decided he wanted to be a part of my tack making as well!


Embroidery was a bit of a pain.... I think I have redone the pattern at least 5 times!


In the background you can see that I was watching Spirit and looking at reference pictures


Tassles have been made! 


I think it took me around 2 whole days to complete this set!


Paisley all tacked up (her show name is "Whispers of Love" as she is a 3rd year anniversary present from my boyfriend)

Taken with flash

A penny for scale reference!

Taken without flash
Lessons have been learned: just buy a Turkish or Arabian style carpet and use that as patterns on the saddle instead of doing tiny embroidery on a tiny saddle! There may be another Arabian set being made for her soon ... Since I ended up ordering 8 little carpets from Amazon yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Show Report: Luck O'The Irish Live

Today's post brings us back to March 18th, 2018 in Acton, Ontario, Canada. This was a very last minute show for me as I signed up aroun...