Toronto Live 2017 Model Horse Show Report

Hosted by Lisa Sharpe in Toronto, Canada on April 29th, 2017. 
Note: Pictures are taken by me unless I saw that I own a particular horse, that means that it is not owned by me! I am happy to add the names of owners underneath the pictures, so please contact me via comments!

This year was Canada's 150th birthday, the hostess had this in mind when designing the Grand & Reserve Champion Rosettes!

 This time around, I had a lot more horses in my show string for my 3rd Live Show attend, pretty much all my traditionals came except Totilas (Breyer OF) and a handful of minis also did not make the cut. But I am confident to say that 80% of my collection came! Also, in the past shows I have only participated in OF Breyer, OF Stone and OF Minis (as well as a novice CM class in my 2nd show), in this show I participated in: OF Breyer, OF Stone, OF Minis, Novice CM, Novice Performance, Artist Resin and Fun Classes.

My Table
In my previous 2 shows, I used half of the table but this time around I ended up using more. But again, half were occupied by horses and the other half with performance and paperwork. I ended up purchasing quite a few models during this show but more on that at the end ;)

Erica's table on the left and Andrea's table on the right

Erica and Andrea were my table neighbours at this show, finally! We have been trying to get tables near each other during the last show but unfortunately due to the public transportation system I ended up being late to the show by 5 minutes. This time around, my boyfriend and I were not using the public transit system and came to the show pretty early :)

Breyer OF Thoroughbred Class
OF Breyer classes are always very full and I entered in my Sam (on the Cigar mold), Zenyatta (Lonesome glory mold) and Northern Dancer (John Henry mold). My Zenyatta ended up getting 6th in that giant class! Unfortunately, Sam (who I acquired from Andrea and he placed 9th at BreyerFest in a very large thoroughbred class) and Northern Dancer (not surprised about him) did not place.

Open Performance
I did not compete in Open Performance but Erica did. Andrea and I are still in Novice Performance :)

Open Performance

Open Performance

Open Performance

Jenn's entry
Open Performance - Western Class, Owned by Kathy
NANANANA Batman!

Erica's Open Performance Entry
Erica did really well in Open Performance! She went on to win a Grand Champion Rosette in Open Performance!

Open Performance - Costume

Open Performance - Costume
Open Performance class is always my favourite class because all the great entries it has! I feel like this class is always really hard to judge because of the variety.

Erica's mini got the Grand Champ Rosette in Open Performance!

Onto Novice Performance:
Novice Performance - Western Other
My Mini "Breakaway Cow" entry ended up placing 5th! Andrea's Barrel Racing entry placed 4th :)

Novice Performance - Western Other, My "Breakaway Cow" entry
I was pretty surprised with how I did in Novice Performance because I made the tack myself and was just competing just for fun!

Novice Performance - English Other
My "Show Jumping" entry got 4th and Andrea got 6th :)

A Closeup of my "Show Jumping" Entry
Onto Novice Performance Costume and Other Entries! 

My little set up of a picture I saw on the internet

My two entries placed 5th and 4th
My boyfriend bought me this Arabian presentation set got me this from MH$P for my birthday!

This was a tough novice class as there were so many great entries! 
Lynn's entry

My Novice Performance Entries ended up being: 
English: 4th in English Other (Show Jumping), 2nd in English Pleasure, and 3rd in a Fun Class "Tack made by Owner".
Western: 4th in Western Pleasure, 5th in Western Other (Breakaway Cow), and 3rd in a Fun Class "Tack made by owner"
I am not sure how "Tack Made by Owner" class was judged xD
Costume & Other: 4th in Other (Arabian Presentation Set), 5th in Other (Ribbon Stall), 5th in Costume (Arabian, which I forgot to take a picture of), 6th in Costume (Arabian presentation set made by me)

Now onto OF Stone!
A very large Arabian class
I was again surprised on how my horses have placed as there were so many pretty Arabians!

My 2014 DAH and right beside him is Golden (chestnut) both owned by me
My 2014 DAH got 1st in Workmanship (as this show did not judge Stones based on collectibility) and 2nd in Breed!
My Chestnut (Golden) didn't place for the 2nd show in a row but that's okay!

Open Customs Division:

Open Customs, Lynn and Neena did really will in this category!

Neena's

Neena's

Neena's

My little draft, painted and customized by Lynn

This draft class was very large and my little draft did not end up placing... But that's okay! He did really well in the Autumn Live (NANed in Breed and Workmanship!)

Novice Custom - Other Patterns Class
 All of my CMs ended up being in the same class and they did pretty well! My PS Weanling Appaloosa ended up placing 5th, and my Rabicano Black Lusitano got 3rd, My "Wild At Heart" pintaloosa colt SM got 1st place and went on to....


Win the Reserve Champion Rosette!!! 3rd Live Show is a charm as I was able to win one of these! :') *insert happy tears*

Now onto OF Minis! This time around my mini's didn't do so well but I did better in other categories!

My Mustang got 1st! My first and only NAN card in OF Minis

My Valegro got 6th in a very large warmblood mini class!
Now for Artist Resins! Which is my favourite division!

 So many pretties and drooling Marina in this category!
This resin looks really similar to the SM scale resin that I want to get in the recent future, and he looks gorgeous!

Phoenix braided resin

Chewy!

I always show live show pictures to my mom and my mom is in love with this resin... Does this mean she will invest in me in order to fund him? No, I guess it ain't real love with this resin xD

Jenn's
Arabian AR is always a pretty big class, and this beauty (pictured above) got a few rosettes in the end as well! Too bad this live show I didn't take as many pictures as I wasn't feeling well...

Andrea's Mini Khemo painted by Nikki Button
Since I didn't take a picture of Andrea's Mini Khemo (his show name is Grenade), I am using the photo I took of him at the Autumn Live.

My Paisley Arabian Mare Resin (Deborah McDermott x Amanda Dionne)
My little arabian mare (there were only 2 minis in this class) and Andrea's Mini Khemo did surprisingly well in this monster of a class! Mini Khemo got 1st and 2nd (Breed and Workmanship) and went on to win a Reserve Champion Rosette! Paisley got 3rd in Workmanship and 5th in Breed! :D This was her first time live showing on Canadian soil.


My Live Show Loot!
I ended up buying a lot more than I thought I would... I was originally planning to buy 3 and walked away with 8! Breyer OF Sam, 5 Breyer SMs, 1 Breyer CM draft by Lynn and my very first Pewter resin!! Made my Maggie Bennett (Galloping draft).

This was a good live show :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Show Report: Luck O'The Irish Live

Today's post brings us back to March 18th, 2018 in Acton, Ontario, Canada. This was a very last minute show for me as I signed up aroun...