Photographer's frustration

Hello everybody!
Today was a beautiful day... Very hot, sunny and humid *melts*.
I've spent the day with my boyfriend bike riding and taking a few photographs.  I brought with me around 10 stablemates... I ended up taking pictures of only 3. This is my advice to all of you fellow photographers: take a few models (like 1-3) and not a bunch. With those few models, you can "discover" their most "flattering" angle and play around with scenery and "poses".

It was hot and sticky and with that kind of weather... I don't really want to take photographs. I was planning on taking photos at the swamp-lake, but once I got there... It wasn't a pretty sight because it rained a few days ago and it was all muddy.

But here are the few photographs that I did manage to take today that turned out to be okay.



Horses in the background makes a great background ;)


I honestly have to say I really like this guy. The colour is really rich and his face marking is so cute!


He is still unnamed... So, if anyone has any name suggestions for him, that would be great!


I love this filly, but today my camera was really struggling on focusing on her. That's where the frustration came in. It took around 5 tries to actually get it to focus on her and not the trees!


"Girls Generation" aka Tara 

But once the camera focused on her... She turned out pretty well! 

"Girls Generation" aka Tara
She has an adorable face, I must say


To take these 2 (AND ONLY TWO) photos, I got around 5 mosquito bites. Unfortunately, I am also allergic to mosquitoes and I feel really itchy right now (another photographer's frustration). 


"Wild n' Free" aka Hermes

But in the end... It was worth it, because for this shot turned out to be my favourite and the best of the bunch! 

I would like to thank my very patient boyfriend for putting up with all of my photography and mosquito whining!


Paints/Pintos have been growing on me... I am starting to really like them now.

Honestly, I could watch horses all day!

That's all for this post!
Thanks for reading,
~Marina

What's your favourite horse colour? 

Also, a little baby lady bug landed on my shorts and it was really cute! 



5 comments:

  1. Grulla Paint! My absolute favorite horse color. My two miniature horses are chestnut and dun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miniature horses are so cute!! 😍 My favourite colour probably has to be dun :)

      Delete
    2. Dun is my second favorite. I like the "zebra" striping they have on their legs and the dorsal stripe.
      ~CBL

      Delete
    3. Me too! Dun is the one that has brown points and Buckskin is the one that has black points, right?

      Delete
  2. Nice photos! I love photography as well.

    ReplyDelete

Live Show Report: Luck O'The Irish Live

Today's post brings us back to March 18th, 2018 in Acton, Ontario, Canada. This was a very last minute show for me as I signed up aroun...