Blank

Blank. That's how I would describe my mind right now... I have a writer's block.
So, instead of writing something really interesting I'm going to just share photos that I took the other day (more like years) and write some thoughts on that particular model.
Breyer OF Ravel
Summer 2012

Summer 2012 (Breyer OF GG Valentine, Heartbreaker and Ravel)

My favourite model in my collection would probably have to be my Breyer OF Ravel. I love the mould/mold, markings, colour and pretty much everything about him. Except the fact that he gets random scratches by standing on my shelf. Now, hoof rubs... I understand, but he has scratches on his bum and his face. They are small and not really noticeable... But I notice this kind of thing very quickly and it bothers me. And his seam split... It's not too bad... but it is still pretty bad. His face and back had a small seam split but now it's bigger because of the Black Out that happened last week. (It was freezing and most of my models' seams cracked... except Totilas's and GG Valentine's) 
From the beginning my Ravel was not in the best shape, he wasn't LSQ (Live Show Quality) but he was PSQ (Photo Show Quality) which was still fine. But on his other side, he has a big box rub. Because of that I was tempted to return him back to the store (Greenhawk Equestrian), but I decided against it. I mean, he was/is my very first Breyer Traditional and I got him right after my Science Exam (I did well on it... 78%...To some, it's not a "good" mark, but to me at the time it was... Since, I totally bombed the chemistry & optics units and I really was not motivated to do anything in that class at all. I didn't have friends in that class, or... the ones that I did have were not friends with me any more). 
Anyway, back to the actual model and not the memories that are associated with Ravel. He has really detailed hooves especially the ones with hoof stripes but the paint job was not well done. Overall the paint job was okay but there were bits of paint residue on his belly and hip. The real Ravel is a gelding... Breyer made him a stallion. But still he's a very pretty Dutch Warmblood Stallion. 
This image is not mine, I found it on Google, but Ravel is so cute!
OF Ravel is currently retired by Breyer... So, they don't manufacture him any more... And that made me a bit sad because I wanted to get another copy of him in case something happens to my current one (Did I mention that I love this mould/mold?). I mean, he is still available (probably) on eBay or MH$P or a tack store or toy store. But at least Breyer released another model on this mould... Snowman! I find it quite funny, I was reading over the summer this book called "The Eighty-Dollar Champion" and then a few months later, Breyer made Snowman... On my favourite mould! 
Despite, My Ravel's imperfections... I love him and to me, he is perfect. This year I realized that... Nothing perfect *insert Miley Cyrus's Nobody's Perfect song*. There are some that come very close to perfection (looks or personality or art work and etc)... But are they actually perfect? Of course not! But when you really love someone or something... To you, it is perfect. 
This image is not mine, I found it on Google
What's your favourite mould/mold? Did any coincidence(s) similar to mine happened to you before?
I think that concludes my post for today...So, I'll see y'all tomorrow!

~Marina

P.S. You can comment below... I don't bite :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Show Report: Luck O'The Irish Live

Today's post brings us back to March 18th, 2018 in Acton, Ontario, Canada. This was a very last minute show for me as I signed up aroun...