Peter Stone DAH (Design-A-Horse)

Hello Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day... 
(^not mine... I found it on Tumblr)
Anyway,  back to the actual title of this post... I guess I'll be discussing the Peter Stone DAH! 
Now, I was earlier on facebook and Peter Stone posted a status saying that they added some new markings to the Design-A-Horse page. They added:
- Coronet Band 
- Wide Blaze 2014
- Thin Blaze 2014
- New Appaloosa Pattern
- New extension on Tobiano, 
- New extension on Minimal Tobiano 
- New extension on New Overo


And already 2014 is getting better! Just the other day my boyfriend and I were talking about the DAH we will be designing... and being the planner I am, I made him decide with me on markings, colour and mould/mold for our DAH. Both of us liked the coronet band, but at the time (which was like a week ago?) Peter Stone didn't offer the coronet band... So, we decided on low socks instead. But now... Since, Peter Stone offers it... Coronet bands it is! :D 
Onto face markings, I like the star and he likes the snip... So we settled on Star + Small snip (I prefer the small snip and my Breyer OF Totilas's face markings are absolutely adorable!) 
My  Breyer OF Totilas (one of the pictures from the Photoshoot)

Colours... Now this one was difficult for me... I love Blacks, Bays, Chestnuts and Greys... and Le Boyfriend decided the colour for me... "Okay... So, we both like black...So what about black?" (we were talking horse colours btw) and so... our PS DAH will be a Black. Plus, most of the horses in my collection are bay... Especially the ones that are Breyer Traditionals (Ravel, Hickstead, GG Valentine, Heartbreaker, Marabella, Zenyatta, and Northern Dancer). And I do love black horses... True black, Sunburnt black, and Raven black... I do absolutely love Ruffian... But all the articles that I have read all have a different colour for her... "Almost black", "Black" or "Dark bay" and etc. So, I'm not really sure... maybe she was a Sunburnt black? 

Now for the moulds/molds... This one was also difficult for me... All Peter Stones are very lovely and I love the Arabian, Thoroughbred, Palouse, Stock Horse (long tail ver.) and the Weanling. But after visiting the Peter Stone Reference website ( http://www.stonehorseref.com ), I grown very fond of the Thoroughbred Mould... When I asked Le Boyfriend... He said he liked the Thoroughbred. So, a black TB with a star and small snip + 2 hind coronets and hoof stripes it is! 
and so, this is how my order will look like^


I do love dapples... but I kinda want my PS DAH to be a True black... and I don't want to strain le boyfriend's wallet. 

This is my birthday present... and I know it's early, but it takes 6-8 weeks for the DAH to be prepared... and since we live in Canada, shipping might take longer. I was thinking of putting in the order in the beginning of March, so hopefully *crossed fingers* the DAH will come in time for my birthday (which is on the 1st of May). 

If anyone ordered the Peter Stone Design-A-Horse, let me know what you designed and how long it took for your DAH to come! Thank you :)

~Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Show Report: Luck O'The Irish Live

Today's post brings us back to March 18th, 2018 in Acton, Ontario, Canada. This was a very last minute show for me as I signed up aroun...